Nanny Shutdown will automatically shutdown your computer after consuming a predefined time credit a day. I made this tool to temper the time my kids were playing computer games.
You can stop and start your computer as many times a day you wish. Nanny Shutdown will take into account all those different timeslots. User is informed with spoken messages during the last hour, so playing games is not interfered. Settings can be applied to the system or user(s).
Nanny Shutdown Specifications:
-You can apply a time credit to the total computer or to each user individually. If you specify it at the user level, the first time the user is logging on, he/she will be asked to specify the personal time credit. You can stop and restart your computer as many times a day you wish. The tool will take into account all those different timeslots.
– Version 1.1 supports multiple spoken languages.
– At the user level you can specify a unlimited time credit (shutdown will never happen to this user)
– This tool is running in the system tray, as a ‘power plug’ icon. If you hold the mouse pointer on it it shows your daily time credit left.
– During the last hour the user will be notified multiple times with spoken warnings. (1hour – 30min – 15min – 10min – 5min – 1min). I specially designed it this way so it will not interferes games with pop-up screens. You will hear the messages even in the middle of your favorite game.
– You can have Nanny Shutdown to start with each computer boot.
– Each day your time credit is refreshed. A new day start at midnight.
– If you ignore the vocal warnings, your computer will shutdown. If you restart afterwards the computer will shutdown again after 5 minutes. Or you should logon with a user who owns still time credit. Counters are reset each day.
– You are free to change the content of the spoken messages. Just keep in mind to respect the exact filenames and file type (.wav)
– Tested platforms : Windows NT/2000/XP/2003. Runs not on Windows 9x